I know it is only Thursday, but here is your Friday News!
I hope you enjoy your Friday off tomorrow - spending some quality time with family!
Here are a few quick updates:
- Our Field Trip to Bios on the Hill is next Friday! We need some parent volunteers -- if you are willing and able, please let me know!
- Please send in the signed permission slip as soon as possible.
- Reading/Book Fair posters -- use this weekend to paint them. Please bring them back to school next week. Here is the Parent Letter I sent home last week.
- We started using an educational website (for math, reading/writing, and typing practice) called Education.com. There is a link at the top of my blog. If your child wants to do this at home our classroom access code is H97BV9
This week in 3.1 we have been:
- writing examples and reasons to support our opinions (writing).
- finding the areas and perimeters of shapes and figures (math).
- creating Native American inspired totem poles (social studies).
- reading stories of the Israelites and how God was always with them in the desert (Bible).
- reading & describing the characters and main events in our reading fair books (reading).
- observing our plants and marvel at how much they have grown! (science).
A look at next week....
Spelling Words: Lesson 33: Final Syllables with -le
title riddle jungle buckle people temple rumble trouble capable able settle handle double shuttle whistle sample sparkle vegetable planets history
CHALLENGE WORDS: genre - a type or category of book (ex: historical fiction, fantasy, mystery, nonfiction, etc.)
photosynthesis - the process where plants use sunlight, carbon dioxide, and water to create their food (sugar)
Bible Memory Verse:
Here is the judgment. Light has come into the world,
but people loved the darkness instead of light.
They loved darkness because what they did was evil.
Have a safe and wonderful long weekend!
Happy Children's Day....and Star Wars Day :)